What’s open in the Scottish Borders?2 Jul 2021
We are so pleased to have been open again at Dod Mill since 26th April. It’s been wonderful having guests return to our cottages and cabins – life is definitely beginning to feel more like normal again!
For those coming over the summer, we thought you might appreciate some updates on the local area in terms of what’s open. The good news is that, when it comes to restaurants, cafes and things to do, you will be spoilt for choice.
our guide to what’s open now
Our Local Area guide covers:
- Market towns in the Scottish Borders including Melrose, Lauder, Kelso and St Boswells
- Coffee and cake stops – it’s not a holiday without lots of these, and so many are now open.
- Restaurants which draw on the very best of local produce. There are some foodie havens in the list!
- Big houses, castles and gardens offering stunning, but gentle, wanderings around immaculate estates
- Breweries, distilleries, textiles and museums
- Walks in open landscapes, woodland areas, spectacular coastal routes and hill climbs.
- Outdoor activities on land, in the air, on the sea! There is such a huge range in the Scottish Borders and Lothians and we are sure you’ll find something you’ll love.
- Play parks and child-friendly things to do
- Edinburgh – it’s less than an hour away and needs no introduction!