What’s open in the Scottish Borders 2022?2 Mar 2022
2022 will hopefully be the year that life and tourism return to normal once again following all of the disruptions which came with Covid-19 in 2020 and 2021. We have updated our Local Area Guide and we’re delighted to say that, when it comes to restaurants, cafes and things to do, you will be spoilt for choice.
our guide to what’s open – 2022 season
Our Local Area guide covers:
- Market towns in the Scottish Borders including Melrose, Lauder, Kelso and St Boswells
- Coffee and cake stops – it’s not a holiday without lots of these, and so many are now open.
- Restaurants which draw on the very best of local produce. There are some foodie havens in the list!
- Big houses, castles and gardens offering stunning, but gentle, wanderings around immaculate estates
- Breweries, distilleries, textiles and museums
- Walks in open landscapes, woodland areas, spectacular coastal routes and hill climbs.
- Outdoor activities on land, in the air, on the sea! There is such a huge range in the Scottish Borders and Lothians and we are sure you’ll find something you’ll love.
- Play parks and child-friendly things to do
- Edinburgh – it’s less than an hour away and needs no introduction!